CURRENT SITUATION OF UNEMPLOYMENT IN INDIA
in current situation unemployment in youth is the biggest problem of Indian economy although GDP growth showing significant result from past few years and its stood around 7% growth rate which is quite good as compare to other developing countries ,yet employment generation is not up to the requirement of Indian people.there is some researches by different organization tells about current situation of unemployment in India are given below please take a look at it too.
Report by business standard.
2. 7.20 percent 7.50 percent
Above researches and data clearly shows that problem of unemployment in India is the biggest hurdle of Indian economy to cop up in current and future scenario.
some causes of unemployment in India.
1.from last few years GDP growth largely depends on sectors like finance,real state,information technology etc which is not very job productive and sector like manufacturing is not growing as they should be labour force in India not increasing by much.
In manufacturing sector there is several reasons why manufacturing sector unable to produce more employment like technology enhancement ,increase productivity of labour,taking more work from machines etc.
2. still large population depends upon primary sector like agriculture for their livelihood and in agriculture mostly Indian farmers has large families and small lands for farming that”s why disguised unemployment(hidden unemployment) found in this sector.
3.increase in graduation enrollment from last few years number of graduate and post graduate enrollment are increased significantly its around 16% increase that means more educated people are seeking for jobs.
and these people want more secure and respected jobs.I am giving some examples for better explanation = when tamilnadu government asked application for 9500 stenographer,the application received for this post is 19 lakh and in these application include 900 phd and2300 mphil degree holders.
when Indian railway advertise 90000 vacancy for group C and group D post 3 crore application received.now u can analyse scale of unemployed in India.
4. education system of India is not very job and skill development orientated.
5. Decreased in construction work after agriculture most number of work is produced by construction sector in India but from last few years it’s continuously reducing employment.
6.Caste System: In India caste system is prevalent. The work is prohibited for specific castes in some areas.
In many cases, the work is not given to the deserving candidates but given to the person belonging to a particular community. So this gives rise to unemployment.
7.GDP growth of India is also falling,GDP at Constant (2011-12) Prices in Q4 of 2018-19 is estimated at Rs 37.20 lakh crore, as against Rs 35.15 lakh crore in Q4 of 2017-18, showing a growth rate of 5.8 percent,” the government said in a statement. This also means India is no longer the fastest growing major economy in the world.
that means less job created in this QUARTER.
Problem for Indian economy there is several problem occurs after unemployment increased some of them are given below
1. Danger of increase in crime rate
2. Waste of human resources India is wasting there human resources by not producing sufficient amount of work for them.
3. Slow growth rate unemployment will effects our GDP growth
4 creation of unequal society without employment the gap between rich and poor will increase more and more as result to unequal society will be created and this is very harmful for upcoming generation.
5.increase frustration in youth etc
Solution of unemployment there is some measures could be use to reduce unemployment in India like
1. There are 24 lakh central and state government jobs are vacant,so these jobs should filled immediately.
2. Labour technique for production should be used in India means in India lots of work should be done by man power not by machine etc it’s look stupid thought but in country like India this technique quite helpful to give employment to unskilled and skilled labor.
3.education system should be changed and it should be more employment oriented.
4.new Fields for employment should be created.
5 Agriculture needs one more revolution so that farming can become profitable business.
6.encourage small and medium scale business,mudra loan scheme is good effort in this regard.
7.Scheme like MANREGA should be implemented in urban India too.
8. lecturers at university level should not appoint as adhok/contract basis but in India mostly university doing opposite of that.
But all above cited solution may take time it will not give overnight result so for immediate help for unemployed people ,we can implement
UBI (universal basic income) scheme for more about UBI read this